Tipser, Inc. US Privacy Notice
This notice was created as we know that you care about how information about you is shared and used, we are grateful for your trust in us to handle that carefully. This privacy notice has been compiled to better serve those who are concerned with how their ‘Personally Identifiable Information’ (PII) is being used online. This document describes the privacy notice at tipser.com, and how we handle information in a careful manner. You can always withdraw your approval to this notice at any time.
Please read our privacy notice carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect, or otherwise handle your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with our website.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by tipser.com is controlled by Tipser AB (556860-0919) (“Tipser”).
What personal information about our users do we collect and use?
When you visit the Platform, we can only identify your computer’s IP address. Despite of this information, you remain anonymous if you do not choose to provide information that identifies you, for example by signing up as a member, by sending email to Tipser, or if you otherwise choose to provide information about yourself or your business. If you choose to provide information that identifies you, Tipser collects this for the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. The information we collect help us learn from our users and help us personalise and improve the experience at tipser.com or what site it is published on. It also helps us to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
We also collect information that will help us to communicate with you about orders, updates to your account, or to share any other important information.
Statistical data that we collect, for example during your visit to our webpage, which cannot directly be associated with your person, does not fall into this category. Included in this category is for example statistical data on which pages are particularly popular, or how many users visit a certain page at tipser.com.
How do we use your information?
Tipser’s primary purpose of collecting personal information is to offer you a custom service, deliver a better service, and to increase the relevancy of the content. We use the collected information to provide you with information or services you request and to better understand Tipser’s members. To achieve this, Tipser analyzes the members’ demographic relationships, interests, and behaviors based on the information given to Tipser from the Tipser Platform. Research and analysis are performed at a combined level and are not intended to identify individual members.
Tipser may also use the information you provided to send you information (by letter or email) about Tipser’s products and services that Tipser believes is of interest to you. Tipser may also share this information with relevant merchants and publishers. You will not receive such information if you disagree to receive this kind of information. If at any time you no longer want such information from Tipser, send an email to [email protected] where you have specified your contact details.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all payment transactions. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
It is important that you protect yourself against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off after you have used a shared computer.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser, to capture, and to remember certain information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
See more details in Cookies & Internet Advertising.
Do we disclose the information we collect to Third-Parties?
We only share necessary information to outside parties, unless we have received your permission to do so, or to fulfill your order. Such parties may exist in countries that do not offer the same kind of statutory protection of personal data. Nevertheless, Tipser does its best to keep your personal data confidential within the Tipser Group, whether within the US or if there has been an international transfer to other companies within the Group.
Information about our customers is an important part of Tipsers business and Tipser does not donate, sell, or rent information about you to third parties without your consent.
When transferring personal information outside of the US in the course of sharing information as set out below, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
Your personal information will only be shared with third parties in the cases below.
- When ordering products from Tipser, your goods are shipped from one of our Merchants. To enable them to deliver to you, Tipser passes your email address, shipping address, name and phone number and other relevant information.
- We work closely with affiliated businesses, such as Marketplace sellers that we operate stores for, provide services or sell product lines jointly with or on behalf of these businesses. You can tell when an affiliated seller is involved in your transactions and we share your customer data related to those transactions with that third party.
- We use third party companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analysing data, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Tipser’s Payment Service Provider, has been chosen carefully for this purpose. Your email and the total amount for the transaction is sent for each transaction. The PSP is not authorised to share this information, except to the third party partners used to process card payments, or any other purpose to authorise the payment. The PSPS uses the latest security technology to secure your payment.
- Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of tipser.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address or any other personally identifiable information. If you do not want to receive such offers, please unsubscribe to the mailing list through the link provided in the email.
- In the unlikely event that tipser.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- Tipser may, in specific cases, disclose personal data to third parties when Tipser has reason to believe that the information is necessary to identify, contact or prosecute anyone who may have infringed the Platform and violated the User Agreement, or otherwise infringed or violated Tipser’s rights or property, or the rights of Tipser’s members or other visitors, when Tipser is in good faith and is convinced that the law requires Tipser to disclose the information.
Are Children Allowed to Use tipser.com?
Tipser.com does not sell products to persons under the age of 18. We do all we can to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to persons under the age of 18 years old. We sell children’s products to be purchased by adults. For persons under 18, you may only purchase products with the involvement of parent or guardian.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email. Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Conditions of Use, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at tipser.com, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use and Sale will change also. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Withdrawal of registration
In relation to Tipser, you have the right to revoke your consent, request correction/deletion of any incorrect information, block your information against further promotion and max one (1) time per year in writing request a registry extract by sending a request to [email protected] Do not forget to include your email address at such a request. Tipser saves your personal information for the time you have an ongoing user relationship with Tipser and some time thereafter, or in accordance with the prior consent. When your account information is deleted, you no longer have access to the part of the platform that are intended for authenticated users.
Tipser, Inc. California Resident Privacy Notice
Last Reviewed and Updated: Feb 23 2021
This California Resident Privacy Notice supplements the information and disclosures contained in our Privacy Notice. It applies to individuals residing in California from whom we collect Personal Information as a business under the CCPA.
Personal Information Collection, Disclosure, and Sale
For the purposes of this notice, Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, or as otherwise defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) and its implementing regulations, as amended or superseded from time to time (“CCPA”).
Personal Information does not include information that is:
- Lawfully made available from government records
- Deidentified or aggregated
- Otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA
The chart below provides the categories of Personal Information (as defined by the CCPA) we have collected and disclosed to third parties, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information. The examples of Personal Information provided for each category reflect each category’s statutory definition and may not reflect all the specific types of Personal Information associated with each category.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Pursuant to our Privacy Notice, we share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Merchants: When you place an order using Tipser, we pass your information to the merchant seller who will be fulfilling your order
- Publishers: When you place an order using Tipser, we pass your information to the publisher where you found the product advertised
- Tipser Corporate Affiliates
- Vendors: Service providers, including billing, shipping, and operating systems
- Third Parties as Legally Required: Third parties as required by law
- Analytics Providers
|Category||Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information|
|A. Identifiers |
Examples: Name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, last four digits of social security number, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Categories of Personal Information in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e)|
Examples: Name, signature, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, employment, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
|C. Commercial Information|
Examples: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|D. Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information |
Examples: Information regarding a consumer’s interaction with our services, including pages viewed (URLs visited) on our website and online services and clicks, views, or other interactions and activities online.
|F. Sensory Information|
Examples: Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
|G. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information|
Examples: Consumer profiles reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Use of Personal Information
We do not sell, and in the preceding twelve months, have not sold, any California resident’s Personal Information. We use the personal information described above for the purposes disclosed directly to you and described in our Privacy Notice. Publishers and Merchants may, for example, use the information you provided to send you information (by letter or email) about products and services that they believe may be of interest to you.
Sources of Personal Information
The sources from which we have received personal information in the preceding twelve months since this notice was last updated are described in our Privacy Notice.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights.
Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information collected, sold, or disclosed by us; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or sold by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; (4) categories of third parties with whom we disclosed or sold Personal Information; and (5) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the past twelve months.
Right to Delete. Subject to certain exceptions, you may submit a verifiable request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
Verification. Requests for access to or deletion of Personal Information are subject to our ability to reasonably verify your identity in light of the information requested and pursuant to relevant CCPA requirements, limitations, and regulations. To verify your access or deletion request, we will ask you for your name, address, email address, and potentially other information about you that you have previously provided to us to respond to your access or deletion requests.
Submit Requests. To exercise your rights under the CCPA or Shine the Light, please send an email via [email protected] or visit our website at: http://www.tipser.co
Authorizing an Agent. An authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf by sending a written authorization signed by you to the email in our Contact Us section. We may still require you to directly verify your identity and confirm that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Shine the Light. You may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us in by email to [email protected]
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this notice or our processing activities, or you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please email us at [email protected]